Search This Blog

Monday, January 18, 2016

Slow Cooker Roast with Potatoes and Carrots

Over the course of the past few years, I've been gathering up some of my family's recipes. What better way to start a marriage, than with some tried and true foods, right?
Anyway, this year for Christmas, my parents got me a really nice casserole Crock Pot. And for our anniversary (two days after Christmas), they got us this really awesome three crock pot set. When my husband and I got married, my grandma got us a small crock pot for a wedding gift and we use it a lot. So getting these other ones this year, made me so happy!
I was visiting my granny one day and told her about my new Crock Pot and she said she had the best roast recipe. So, of course, I asked for it. It's so delicious!
What you'll need:
  • 2 c baby carrots ( whole)
  • 3-4 small potatoes peeled and quartered or 2 large potatoes cut in chunks
  • 1 tsp garlic salt
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • 1 tsp crushed red pepper
  • 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
  • 1 packet brown gravy mix
  • 1 (2-3) lb roast
How to make it:
  • Put carrots and potatoes evenly in the bottom of your slow cooker
0111161020
  • Using a knife, cut several slits into the roast on both sides.
  • Put 1/2 tsp each of garlic salt, onion powder, black pepper, and crushed red pepper on each side of roast. Rub the spices into the roast, putting it in the slits.
0111161011
  • Put the, now seasoned, roast into the slow cooker on top of the vegetables.
0111161021
  • Pour the two tsp worcestershire sauce on top of the roast. The empty the packet of brown gravy mix on top.
0111161023
  • Fill the slow cooker with water until the roast is mostly covered (or if you have enough room, completely covered) but do not overfill.
  • Cook on low for 8 hours or until cooked thoroughly.
  • Enjoy with your favorite sides!
0111161910a

No comments:

Post a Comment