Search This Blog

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Cheesy Potato Soup

Growing up, my family went out to eat every Sunday together. It'd be me, my mom, my dad, my grandma and my grandpa. Most Sunday's we went to O' Charley's. Although my entree might change, I always got the Potato Soup, just like my mom.

After I married my husband, I moved to Georgia. There is absolutely no O' Charley's anywhere near where we live. How on earth would I go without my Potato Soup? By creating my own of course. Now this soup may not taste like O' Charley's, but I like it way more. It's not only delicious but it's super easy to make. It's a family favorite in our household!

What you'll need: 

  • 1/2 of a large onion, chopped (I use yellow)
  • 5-6 large potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
  • 3 Tbs butter
  • 2 1/2 c chicken stock
  • 1 cup shredded cheese (I use Monterrey Jack)
Directions: 

  • Chop onions. 

  • Melt butter in a pot. Saute onion until translucent. 

  • Cut and peel potatoes 


  • Add in chicken stock and potatoes. Bring to a boil.

  •  Reduce heat. Simmer until potatoes have softened.
  • Using a potato masher or fork, mash potatoes. I like to leave some small chunk in my soup. 
  • Add cheese. Stir in, until melted. 
  • Serve with a little sprinkle of cheese on top. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment