Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Easy Slow Cooker Rice Pudding

I'm always down for trying new foods. I finally got around to trying rice pudding for the first time and let me tell you, it was delicious! If you've never had rice pudding, you have no idea what you're missing.
Anyway, I got some Crock Pots for Christmas and I'm completely obsessed with using it. So I've been creating recipes that will work in a slow cooker. So why not rice pudding?
You will need:
  • 6 cups milk (whole, 2%, or 1%)
  • 2 1/2 cups Minute White Rice (uncooked)
  • 2 Tbs butter
  • 3/4 cups sugar
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 3 Tbs brown sugar
How to make it:
  • Using the butter, grease the inside of your slow cooker (4 qt works best). Set aside the butter to use later.
  • Add in remaining ingredients to slow cooker. Gently stir. Add remaining butter on top.
0112161039
0112161040
  • Cover and cook for about 3-4 hours. Rice will be tender when done. Stir well. Garnish with cinnamon. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment