Search This Blog

Sunday, January 31, 2016

French Toast Sticks

We absolutely love french toast. In fact, after we got married, Cody made me french toast for breakfast. It was the first time he ever cooked for me. So I guess you can say, french toast has a special place in my heart.
Well, we like to go out and explore on weekends. We always try to get an early start, but it doesn't always happen if we take the time to have breakfast. I mean you have to cook it, eat it and do the dishes. It's just time consuming. So I decided we should have have some finger food to take with us. So why not french toast sticks?
What you'll need:
  • 6 slices of Texas Toast (day old bread is the best for this)
  • 1 c heavy cream
  • 4 large eggs
  • 3 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 Tbs sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • Your favorite syrup
How it's made:
  • Cut each slice of bread into 3-4 sticks (depending on the size you want them).
  • In a large bowl whisk together cream, cinnamon, eggs, sugar and vanilla.
SAMSUNG CSC
I just wanted to show off the measuring cups my grandmother gave me. Isn't it cute?
SAMSUNG CSC
  • Dip each piece of bread into the mixture, making sure it's coated on all sides. Shake off any excess.
  • In a large sauté pan, melt  2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Once melted, add in the bread pieces 3-4 at a time. Be sure not to over crowd the pan.
SAMSUNG CSC
  • Cook until golden brown and slightly crisp on all edges.
  • Serve with syrup!
SAMSUNG CSC

This is my variation of the recipe from Just a Taste

No comments:

Post a Comment