Search This Blog

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Butterbeer Recipe

I'm a HUGE Harry Potter fan. I grew up with the characters. If you're like me, you always wanted to go to Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley. Heck I still do. One of the things I've always wanted to try is Butterbeer. I've looked all over the recipe trying to find a recipe that I feel tastes like what the books described. I've found many recipes although none quite lived up to what I had imagined. So I tweaked one of the recipes I found.

Ingredients:
  • 2 1/2 tsp water
  • 1 cup light brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1/2 tsp rum extract
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 cup heavy cream, divided
  • 3 Tbs butter
  • 4 12 oz bottles of cream soda (very cold)
Directions:
  • In a small pan over medium heat, combine brown sugar and water. Bring to a boil. Boil until mixture reaches 240 degrees F on a candy thermometer.
  • Add in butter, salt, apple cider vinegar and 1/4 cup of the cream. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
  • Once the mixture has cooled, add in rum and vanilla extracts. Mix well.
  • In a bowl, pour the remainder of the cream and 2 1/2 tbs of the brown sugar mixture. Using a hand mixer, beat until thickened. It should be frothy looking.
  • Divide the brown sugar mixture between 4 tall glasses. Pour is 1/3 cup of cream soda and mix well. Pour cream soda into the glass until almost full. Add the froth to the top.
  • Now watch your favorite Harry Potter movie and enjoy your delicious Butterbeer.

No comments:

Post a Comment