Search This Blog

Friday, January 22, 2016

Sloppy Joes... From Scratch!

My grandmother is hands down one of the best cooks I've ever know. She never had to go to any sort of school to learn. It just comes naturally to her. I guess she's where I get my culinary skill from. I've always been able to read a recipe, make it my own and come out with an awesome dish. My grandma is the same way.
On my last visit home, I asked my grandmother for any recipes that she wanted to give me. She gave me this Sloppy Joe recipe and told me it was delicious. And she was right. It taste way better than store bought. The color is a little different, but it's still absolutely delicious.
What you'll need:
  • 2 tsp shortening
  • 1.5 lbs ground beef
  • 1/2 c chopped onions
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 2 Tbs flour
  • 1 can evaporated milk
  • 1 c ketchup
Directions:
  • Melt shortening in a hot pan. Add in beef, onions and salt. Cook until done.
  • Add in flour, chili powder and milk. Stir until thickened
0117162253
0117162255
  • Gradually add ketchup.
0117162257
0117162259
  • Serve on a bun. Enjoy!
0117162301

No comments:

Post a Comment